Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cape Simplicity 2285


I've had this cape thing cut out for almost a year. I decided to use some suiting I had left over to underline this project. It's taking a minute longer to figure out some final finishing but as usual I'm working through it. I just can't seem to do things that actually make my sewing life easier.


I sewed each pair together inside out with about an 1/8th of an inch seam and then turned the pieces right side out and then sewed them together as per the directions.  





I still need to hem and either add buttons or frogs for closures, or something.....


This is an easy pattern. The welt pockets were no problem, and it's a good introduction to some of the components of an actual trench coat. I won't likely sew this pattern again, as I won't need two capes. I may try a caplet from a vintage pattern.... but then again, I will likely move on to self drafting of this style next time instead.